ACCU Translations complies with federal and provincial privacy laws including Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Document Act.
ACCU Translations has earned Controlled Goods certification/ITAR in 2007 and is in the process of applying for its Secret Level 1 clearance with Service Canada.
Disaster Mitigation and Contingency Plans
ACCU has implemented a virtual Server Farm at the facility of Q9 located at 77 King Street West downtown Toronto. This facility provides the physical and data security while significantly providing a quantum increase in our processing power. ACCU is able to benefit from the native Disaster Recovery plan that is provided by that facility. ACCU maintains another failover system at another offsite locating within the city of Burlington for additional redundancy and for backward compatibility with legacy systems. All files are archived on a central server. All servers (Files, SDL/Trados, FTP and email) are backed up on a daily basis on a separate server. A copy of this data is also backed up daily on an offsite device for recovery measures. We have developed a 24 hour contingency plan in case of fire as well as a short and long term power outages emergency plan. Our staff is equipped with laptops and our translators work off-site via secure connection. We have a robust firewall protection system. Each computer is equipped with anti-virus software. Our FTP server is also equipped with a firewall protection system.
Q9 Networks is a leading Canadian provider of outsourced data centre infrastructure for organizations with mission-critical IT operations. Q9's sole focus on data centre infrastructure has enabled customers to outsource their critical systems to Q9 with complete peace of mind and take advantage of key Q9 solutions, including:
- State-of-the-art data centres that provide a highly secure physical infrastructure, including the latest in biometric authentication, video surveillance, and round-the-clock security officers, while at the same time permitting unannounced 7 x 24 customer access. Q9 data centres are engineered to eliminate any single point of failure, with multiple layers of redundancy in power systems, HVAC, and fire detection and suppression. All systems are monitored 7 x 24 through a Q9 Control Centre.
- The Q9 network, a high performance network that connects directly to all major Internet backbones, effectively placing customer servers at the core of the Internet. With multiple connections, Internet traffic is automatically routed around network outages to ensure servers co-located with Q9 always have the fastest response times available.
- A complete suite of managed services including dedicated servers, systems monitoring, firewalls, VPN, load balancing and backup/restore. Q9 also provides complete visibility into customer equipment and Q9 services through the Q9 web-based customer portal
- The highest level of customer service. Q9's sole focus on reliable data centre infrastructure allows it to hire, retain and train highly skilled experts with extensive experience in data centre operations, networking, security, Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems, plus a wide range of hardware. Knowledgeable specialists are onsite 7 x 24 to help customers quickly assess and resolve urgent situations.
- Industry leading service level agreement (SLA) that provides guarantees for 100% power and network availability. Key services are also backed with guarantees for installation times and problem identification and response.